What to see at the Cary Arts Center
In Cary, North Carolina, the Cary Arts Center offers a plethora of indoor and outdoor activities, events and concerts.
Indoor activities include something for everyone.
Classes and Camps
The Cary Arts Center offers visual, performing and cultural art classes and camps for all ages. Taught by professionals in their field, courses include the following art disciplines:
- Acting & performance
- Fiber Arts & Sewing
Open Studio Program
Open studio programs housed by the Cary Arts Center allows patrons to continue working on their art projects in a group setting. An Open Studio Pass grants access to the equipment during the times set.
All open studios provide the space, gear, materials, and the environment to complete your artistic projects. You can purchase tickets for each open studio at the front desk.
- Clay Open Studio – The Art Center furnishes potter’s wheels, slab roller, extruding materials, tables, and working space allowing potters and clay artists to work on their projects. The Glaze Lab located next to the clay studio allows potters to glaze their projects with the selections of glaze available.
- Glass Open Studio – They welcome students of fused glass, stained-glass, and stained-glass mosaics to work on their projects.
- Metals & Jewelry Open Studio – Students who complete etching, gold fusing, jewelry concentration, and other metal classes are welcomed to work on their projects.
- Woodworking Open Studio – The studio is open to participants who complete beginning woodworking or lathe class. Machinery and materials are provided for a fee.
Since the town of Cary owns the Cary Art Center, it invites the public to view works from both area and regional artists. Public art is commissioned throughout Cary as a way to encourage culture and community pride. Exhibitions are displayed in five locations associated with the art center:
- Cary Arts Center
- Page Walker Arts & History Center
- Cary Senior Center
- Herbert C. Young Community Center
- Town Hall
The Cary Theater
The Cary Arts Center features a 431-seat theater that is home to independent films, music, and live performances. Comedy improv is one of its popular events. The theater also launches a film festival every year to showcase works from independent filmmakers.
The Cary Arts Center hosts the Marvelous Music Series which comprises six performances each year. Seasonal concerts offer diverse musical acts that include the town’s favorites and upcoming artists.
The Cary Arts Center is the “hub of arts activity for Cary.” Whether you are an artist or an art enthusiast, the Cary Art Center offers fun-filled activities for any age.
If you want to see a concert or attend an event, check the Cary Art Center‘s calendar. The auditorium is also available for public rentals.